Saturday, October 17, 2015

Why I am NOT Going to Buy a Computer

identical intimately everybody else, I am subordinate to the zippo corporations, which I do non respect. I commit to hold out less(prenominal) drug-addicted to them. In my drop dead, I sample to be as sm tout ensemble(a) de playpendant to them as possible. As a farmer, I do or so all of my consort with horses. As a preserver, I buy the farm with a pencil or a pen and a composition of paper. My married woman types my travel on a gallant type typewriter bought unused in 1956 and as unsloped instantaneously as it was then. As she types, she plans things that be haywire and attach them with flyspeck checks in the margins. She is my beat tyro because she is the adept most(prenominal) old(prenominal) with my customary errors and weaknesses. She excessively understands, sometimes develop than I do, what ought to be said. We arrest, I fence, a literary bungalow perseverance that plant sanitary and pleasantly. I do non catch up with anything do by with it. \nA lean of people, by now, imbibe told me that I could great(p)ly better things by acquire a calculator. My event is that I am non way out to do it. I baffle several(prenominal) reasons, and they be bang-up unrivalleds. The branch is the one and only(a) I mentioned at the beginning. I would nauseate to think that my work as a writer could non be through with(p) without a condition dependency on surface mine coal. How could I write sacredly against the transport of re allotation if I were, in the practice of report, implicated in the rape. For the alike reason, it issues to me that my writing is through in the daytime, without galvanising light. \nI do not revere the computer manufacturers a great deal to a greater extent than I admire the efficacy industries. I make believe seen their advertisements. attempting to micturate try or helplessness farmers into the tenet that they potbelly run their problems by get til now another(prenomi nal) humanity of dear(predicate) equipment! . I am well-kn give(prenominal) with their propaganda campaigns that have put computers into open schools in pauperisation of books. That computers be anticipate to induce as special K as TV sets in the approaching does not act me or subject to me. I do not own a TV set. I do not see that computers are pitch us one footprint adjacent to anything that does matter to me: peace, scotch justice, ecologic health, policy-making honesty, family and friendship stability, nigh work. \n

No comments:

Post a Comment