Wednesday, May 29, 2019

The Ex Basketball Player by John Updike Essay examples -- English Lite

The Ex Basketball Player by John UpdikeA spill of MotivationIn English Seven we read a rime called the Ex Basketball Player byJohn Updike. The main characters name was word-painting Webb. The poemexplains how Flick lost motivation. In high school Flick was anexcellent hoops player, if not, the best. After high school Flickdidnt continue his basketball skills, and he never had tried as hardon his academics as he did on basketball. Flick now works at BerthsGarage and has a dead end life. I think that Flick gave up because hedidnt want to work at something that didnt come easily, such asacademics. I enjoyed this poem because it makes you think, I will nowtell of a time when I lost motivation.In fourth grade I took gymnastics. I really comparable it, and had a lot offun. The problem was that after a while my teacher didnt seem toteach us many new tricks. On top of that, they were groom to move to anew building. This building had a low ceiling, so I couldnt do theuneven bars. The une ven bars happened to be my favorite event, so Idecided to quit....

No comments:

Post a Comment